FAQ >> Troubleshooting Outlook Express Error 0x800c0133/0x800C0131
Troubleshooting Outlook Express Error 0x800c0133/0x800C0131
You may get the error message pop-up:
The 0x800C0131 and 0x800C0133 error messages can occur if your size of “inbox.dbx” or other .dbx bigger then 2,xxx,xxx KB. It’s a limitation of outlook application. “Every .dbx file do not exceed more than 2 G Bytes”
Moreover if file “inbox.dbx” is large more than that it’d be broken and can not receive mail as normally. We must create the new one instead.
To fix this problem:
1. Find .dbx file location and check size of .dbx file
1. Open your Outlook Express program and then go to “Tools” and click on “Options”.
2. Choose “Maintenance”tab and click button “Store Folder”.
3. The below pop-up will appear. Then copy path in pop-up.
4. Go to “Start” menu and choose “Run”, paste path and open it.
5. In explore you can see .dbx file. Check their size which should not be more than 2 GB (2,xxx,xxx KB). Because it’s a limitation of outlook application. “Every .dbx files should not exceed more than 2 G Bytes”.
Moreover, If file “inbox.dbx” is large more than that it’d be broken. We must create new file instead.
Create new inbox.dbx file
1. Open Outlook Express, on the left panel, right click "Local Folders", select "New Folder...".
2. Input new folder name. In example specific as “BackUpInbox” within “Local Folders”.
3. Please notice that you‘ll have new folder on the left pane.
4. Close Outlook Express, Go to explore which is location of .dbx file. You can notice that you have new file named “BackUpInbox.dbx” here (whichever have the same as new folder name that you created). Then delete file that file.
Then change the name of “inbox.dbx” to mailtemp.dbx (whichever named that you have just deleted”
4. Rename "inbox.dbx" to new folder name that you created (In this case is “BackUpInbox.dbx”).
5. Open Outlook Express again, you can notice that all mails in inbox were moved to new folder (BackUpInbox).
6. In the explore which is location of .dbx file, “inbox.dbx” should be re-created
7. Test Sent/Receive mail again. New coming mail should come to inbox as normally